Wednesday, April 05, 2006

So much music

I've been spending a lot of time lately listening to Pandora. Pandora is this awesome web radio thing. You make "stations" by typing in the name of an artist or a song title. It then plays songs that are musically similar to whatever you've selected. I'm fascinated by this thing - I don't always hear the similarities, but I tend to like what's played for me, so I guess it works.

When I started using Pandora, I found that they didn't have Bishop Allen in their database. I sent an email, and lo and behold, I'm now listening to my very own Bishop Allen station. I feel like my musical taste has somehow been validated - the band I recommended was deemed worthy by someone, and thus I am also worthy. Yes, this is how my brain works.

In other news, baseball season has started. I'm following a Yankee game online, looking forward to moving back to New York where I can actually watch the games on TV. YES Network, I miss you so much.

Yesterday we got our schedules for all of 4th year. Mine's okay - pretty much what I asked for. I'm a little freaked out about going back to clinics, but I'm sure it'll be okay. At the moment, I'm very much enjoying my relatively light course load. It's like being an undergrad again - some days I only have two hours of class! Weird. Nice, though.

No comments: