Sunday, October 30, 2005

Beagle boy found a home!

For the past two weeks, there has been a beagle in my living room. He was cute and rambunctious and I called him Charlie. We did everything we could to find his owner, but it seemed like she just didn't want to be found. So this weekend my roommate (I haven't decided whether to use names on this blog yet) took him to visit her parents (and their three beagles, one big chocolate lab, and three cats), and they've decided to keep him. I'll miss him - he's totally adorable and lots of fun - but the cats will be happy that he's gone. And frankly, I'm just not ready for a dog.

It seems a little pathetic, really. I'm 26 years old, a freakin' vet student, and I can't take care of a dog. But I'm just not there yet. Walks 4 times a day, the constant need to play... I guess I'm too selfish right now. I don't understand how people my age have kids already - I'm still way too immature for that. A cat I can handle, but that's about it. Will I ever grow up? Do I want to?

No comments: